Search

Loading



0 comments
black and graphite origami necklace black and graphite origami necklace

Liz says she's inspired by geometry, growth patterns in nature, and repetitive structures and processes.refolded map brooch refolded map brooch

What first attracted you to begin working with paper as your medium?

I began working with Beautiful paper when I was at college. I find it to be exceptionally versatile as a material and if a mistake is made, it's not expensive to replace and, of course, paper is ecologically sound. Artist's books - the book as an art form in its own right - interested me, especially sculptural ones. The paper jewellery came directly from this interest. I consider some of the necklaces I make to be sculptural Artist's Books as they are complete books.folded book necklacefolded book necklaceZipporah necklaceZipporah necklace

Have you always enjoyed working with your hands?

Yes, always. Beautiful Paper is fantastic as it's so direct, your only tool is your fingers. I also find the whole process of making to be very therapeutic and almost what I imagine meditating to be like.manga water balloon necklacemanga water balloon necklace

refolded map braceletrefolded map bracelet

music beadsmusic beads
Dandy comic book necklaceDandy comic book necklace

Do you show/sell your work in galleries?

paper jewellery is sold in local galleries and through the art group I belong to. folded bookfolded book
origami folded bookorigami folded book

Do you frequently wear your
own paper jewelry? How do people react to it?
Yes, I do wear my own jewellery, but normally only if I am going out. People are usually very complimentary about my work, although there have been a few people that really don't like the idea of me cutting up maps. I hasten to say all the books and maps I create with have been read/used... I never cut new ones!Japanese brocade origami beads Bangle made from The LadybirdBangle made from The Ladybird Read It Yourself series, Goldilocks & the Three Bears.
Monopoly money broochMonopoly money brooch
Source:- allthingspaper



Share this:
Spread the word, using :
Share/Save/Bookmark
Bookmark These:

Subscribe Using These:
Subscribe

0 comments

Post a Comment