Search

Loading



0 comments


Dieter Kapsch : Flight attendant has collected 1,760 spoons from 447 airlines
If you're ever short of a spoon you can always rely on Dieter Kapsch – he’s got 1,760 of them.

The flight attendant has amassed his unusual collection from 447 airlines.

Explaining how his unusual hobby started, he said that his first spoon reminded him of a nice holiday and from there it escalated.

He said: 'It all started 13 years ago when I went on vacation with my sister, Gunda, to Spain and she thought it would be good to have a spoon with us during our stay.

'After returning back home she left the spoon with me and I was using it in my kitchen and liked it a lot. It always reminded me of a nice holiday.

'From that point I decided to collect spoons from every airline I was flying with and after some time I wanted to have them all.'

One of his oldest is from Imperial Airways, a British operation that ran from 1924 to 1939, and he also has one from the China Clipper, a Pan Am flying boat of the 1930s.

‘My friends love my collection and they’re very supportive – they have added to it a lot,’ said the 38-year-old Austrian, who added: ‘I hope there will be some more coming.’

Source : Tree Hugger


Share this:
Spread the word, using :
Share/Save/Bookmark
Bookmark These:

Subscribe Using These:
Subscribe

0 comments

Post a Comment